- Full of minerals: calcium, iron, magnesium, and potassium - most American's eating a MAD diet (Modern American Diet of processed and fast foods) are deficient in these important minerals
- One of the few plants offering a high amount of omega-3 fatty acid in ALA form (other forms DHA and EPA are obtained from seafood). Omega-3 fats are not produced in the body and you must get them from food. They play important roles in brain health and are the building blocks of cell membranes.
- High in Vitamin E (provides 6 times more than spinach)
- Rich in vitamins A, B, and C.
- raw in salads
- lightly steamed
- lightly sauteed with a little olive oil, garlic and salt
Chocolate and Zucchini
Mother Earth News
Edible Wild Food