Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ice Cream


ICE CREAM

We've had some gorgeous days lately and the desire for ice cream on a warm fall afternoon. However, since we are trying to go plastic free buying ice cream in a container (the most economical) is out since the paper containers are lined with plastic.  Yes, we can just go to the local ice cream store and purchase it in a cone, but I do like to bring a pint home to share. So, I have contacted our locally made ice cream store (SoCo Creamery in Great Barrington, MA) to find out if they will pack ice cream into a stainless steel pint container for me at the same price they sell their pre packed pints. I'll keep you posted. Please comment with any other ideas you have; but not making my own ice cream because that isn't going to happen. I'd go without or go with just buying a cone once in awhile.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, SoCo will accept containers and you'll save 25 cents too!

    ReplyDelete