Sunday, August 25, 2013


“Life is short, Break the Rules.
Forgive quickly, Kiss SLOWLY.
Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably
And never regret ANYTHING
That makes you smile.”

~ Mark Twain


In June I spent two weeks with my husband and 11-year old daughter camping and hiking the canyon lands of Utah and NW Arizona. It was so wonderful to be disconnected from the "real world" and to leave our technology devices turned off and put away (for most of the time). Camping forces you to simplify, reduce your waste, and to pack lightly. Hiking and quiet driving time allowed me to reflect on what is important to me (and my family) and where I/we go from here.  I decided I want to laugh more, spend more time with my family, find more time to travel, and to simplify my life. So, I've embarked on a new journey...I quit my job (since I wasn't happy there) to take time to change my journey and life for the better.

My goals (for me and my family) are:

  • to laugh more often and not stress over the little things and make them bigger issues.
  • to simplify life by working towards significantly reducing our family waste, especially plastic.
  • to spend money wisely - buy the things we actually "need" rather than on things we "want."
Let's get started...


2 comments:

  1. Great philosophy... 'Don't sweat the small stuff'! Family & friends, love & kindness, are what life is all about!

    ReplyDelete